Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

UPDATE: DOG FOUND - Toronto Residents - WE NEED TO FIND THIS DOG

Latest information here.  Apparently the dog has nerve damage but is not actually in any "pain". First, if that is the situation, then the guy is REALLY a doucebag to use a disabled dog to garner funds he obviously is NOT using for the dog. Secondly, how can the dog NOT be in any pan, knuckling under his foot as he does CANNOT be comfortable and must cause at the least, some kind of road burn...  I would appreciate the OSPCA being a little clearer on this - I've never know nerve damage like that- but I'm not a vet- however, as noted, I can't understand how that can be comfortable for the dog ...


_____________________________________________
The OSPCA is seeking any information about the dog caputured with his owner on this video.  This dog is VERY badly injured... his right front paw looks completely broken and the dog is patantly and obviously in terrible distress.  The sign on the panhandler's back says he needs $2000 for the dog's operation.

I am NOT bashing homeless for having pets.  Contrary to a lot of individuals who feel you have to have a certain income before you "qualify" as a responsible pet owner, many homeless individuals take exemplary care of their pets.  Sam, my trainer, has noted many times that some of the best adjusted dogs he has seen are homeless pets as a truly symbiotic relationship exists between these individuals and the animals they love.  There is a true reciprocal relationship.

I do wish we had a program similar to that in Montreal where vets have banded together to provide a wonderful pro bono program to the pets of the street people and homeless youth.

However, this dog needs IMMEDIATE attention. Walking the dog around seeking funds for his operation is simply not an acceptable course of action.  I cringe when I think of the damage being done to an already horrible injury.

It's no big secret I'm not a fan of the OSPCA (whose euthanasia rate is outrageous), so I would highly recommend that anyone sighting or having knowledge of this dog and his owner should contact Toronto Animal Services 416-338-PAWS (7297) OR the Toronto Humane Society 416.392.2273.

Hell, email me and I'll find SOMEONE that will deal with this situation and get that poor dog some help!






No comments:

Post a Comment