Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Starving Puppies - Update - February 9

So the pups are FINALLY channelling their inner "wolf" .. never did I realize how thrilled the sound of crunching bones would be!

For the past three nights, both dogs have been eating their entire meal ... veggies, organ meats, and chicken drumsticks - full servings as of last night and looking for more.

Llyr's cyst continues to drain but remains clean and apparently uninfected.

They still don't want to eat outdoors so the process is rather painstaking. Carpets (there are only small small area ones) come up, dog beds out in the hallway and they get fed in their accustomed place in the dining room.  Mind you, they both seem to prefer to eat their chicken carcasses ON Doug's chair ... but a bit of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and it's all good. Bleach and hot water take care of the floor so hopefully no nasty botulism is hanging about .. at the rate they now ingest the bone and meat, however, that is unlikely!

My bad child has returned my camera.. so pictures to follow tomorrow in daylight (it's dark by the time I get home and get everyone's meals made - yeah, now adding the dogs' meal to my nightly cooking demands) as have you EVER tried photographing a black dog in low light?  Doesn't work! 

I notice, however, that their coats are shinier and they are both developing "figures".  Always on the thin side (deliberately and achieved through lots of exercise and a healthy diet), they are now getting "cut" as it were ... narrowing in at the hips, deeper dip at the belly  ... why isn't that straightforward for ME when I lose weight?

Now, I did have to talk to them about what is "prey" and what isn't when I saw them eying the cats .....

No comments:

Post a Comment