Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Courage...incredible amazing dog - UPDATE

 An arrest has been made. The dirtbag has been arrested (I just think her parents who had to be aware of the state of their daughter's poor dog should also be charged).  From the sounds of it, she was WELL aware of what she had done but labelled it "unfortunate".  

Despite the many stories out there about man's inhumanity to living creatures, I continue to find myself astonished at how incredibly cruel people can truly be.  I have been following this story of this amazing german shepherd in Orange Country, CA - now named Courage for his tenacious spirit and incredible will to live.  Estimated by experts to have been left chained in a back yard for up to SIX WEEKS without food or water (they speculate the only liquid he got was from raindrops), desperation drove him to eat the dirt and rocks around the small area where he was imprisoned.  In someone's BACK YARD. For SIX weeks they sat in their comfortable house, eating meals, drinking, going about their lives while this poor creature STARVED to death right in front of their eyes. WHAT is wrong with people?

A good samaritan found the dog and convinced the owners to let her take him as long as she did not reveal their names. She kept her word but tips and a lot of news coverage has lead to the almost imminent arrest of the bitch that did this to him - hopefully we'll hear soon. Not of course, that much will probably happen to her .... but at least she will  be revealed to be the sadistic piece of dirt she is.

And before I get completely hopeless about humanity, I have to remind myself that a LOT of people have stepped up to the plate to save this brave boy - and many more have showed clearly that they too have hearts.

But it is HE who shines in this. His indominable will to live, his COURAGE and his refusal to allow himself to die... what a GUY ... I know I'm definitely predjucied for the GSDs - their incredible hearts, intelligence, quirky characters and soul have captured me (I even call my terrier a "vertically challenged shepherd") and this just illustrates what incredible dogs they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment