Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Silly dogs

Having recently 'sprung' Llyr and Finn from forced incarceration in crates overnight (part of their training regime), there is obviously a period of adjustment required for all.  Finn sleeps beside my bed while the Llyr-boy is relegated to the living room (baby gate securely latched) as he is a counter-surfing, garbage-diving, unrepentent and irredeemable thief.  Today was the first morning that I had to contend with the dogs getting used to my own morning routine...

I get up at the crack of dawn - technically around 10 minutes to 4, often earlier as I have an unfortunate habit of waking too early and then not being able to fall back asleep. Making lunches, cleaning up the kitchen (from late night kid raids), and 20 minutes of Pilates is my morning routine.  The dogs, however, don't get the whole exercise thing ...

First, I lay my yoga mat on living room floor and then put on Pilates DVD.
Push Llyr off mat.
Switch on the routine of choice.
Throw Finn's chewed and drooly ball off my stomach.
Start routine.
Kick Llyr off my feet.
Continue routine.
Push both dogs away as they are now tugging the ball on either side of me and stepping all over me.
Do the "100s", stopping frequently to yell at dogs who are now leaping over me
Push Llyr away, get towel and wipe face from where he has been licking me.
Continue with ab work
Scramble up and pull Llyr away from table where he is raiding my bag with my lunch in it
Put legs in tabletop and start switches
Push Finn's comotose body across floor as she tries to "spoon" with me
Continue routine
Grab towel and wipe up water as Llyr has chewed on my water bottle and punctured it
Realize DVD is done
Shower...accompanied by two dogs, one of whom keeps dropping disgusting chewed toys in the tub ...

Guess there is a learning curve



No comments:

Post a Comment