Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Class... let's have it tonight

The AGM is tonight, and I admit to some trepidation.  I'm not looking forward to the potential conflict that may arise as Trow et al. make their bid to regain control.

Regardless of any accusations, carrying-on, posturing or bankstanding, let those of us who really care about the future of the Toronto Humane Society keep our dignity and our control.

Do no feed into the frenzy I am sure he will try to generate.

Do not give into (very understandable) anger when accusations (unsubstantiated and unfounded) are claimed.

Let's just keep to business and do what we need to do.

Solidify the path on which the THS has taken some tentative steps this past year.

6 comments:

  1. Good advice. Don't give Trow & Co. any free air time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly .. and frankly, let them run with it- and show people exactly what they are like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got sick and couldn't go to the AGM...will you be posting a recap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this backfired on you and Social Mange. The totally classless, frenzy feeding and not-sticking-to-business behaviour was carried out by certain THS employees and board endorsed candidates who were enabled by the President and Chair. There is no denying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, anonoymous - I would disagree. While there was some heckling, I didn't personally find it particularly bad - certaintly, Parliament sees FAR worse and back in the day when I covered other types of board meetings, thing were oftne far more acrimonious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I disagree and believe me, I'm not the only one. I specifically spoke to your points about the THS AGM. I'm not talking about Parliament or any other board meetings that you may or may not have attended.

    ReplyDelete